1vs1 All Styles Battles
The All Styles Battle is a 1 vs 1 Battle and is open to all dancers. Dancers will be expected to dance impromptu to any style and beat of music selected by the Battle DJ. Judges will be assessing the quality of the performance, musicality, dance technique and the personality of the dancers.
- 1 vs 1 battle where each pair of dancers will be challenged to dance to the unpredictable, varied beats of a live DJ.
- The music genre will change for each dancer and can range from any genre of music such as rap, pop, break beats, funk, electronica, house music, etc…
- Each battle will consist of 2 dancers who will battle one another facing each other.
- During the preliminary rounds, the DJ will play one song for each round.
- There will be 16 open slots for this battle. To narrow the field of dancers to 16, a qualifying round may become necessary.
- All dancers in the preliminary battles will have two rounds of 45 seconds each to dance ~ 1.5 minutes total.
- Judges will choose 1 winner from each battle to advance to the next round until the battle progresses to the final winner.
- In the final battle each dancer will have two rounds of 1 minute each to impress the judges.
- Each dancer will be judged on ARTISTIC CREATIVITY, MUSICALITY, and their ABILITY to ENTERTAIN the JUDGES.