1vs1 Popping Battles
- ORIGINAL POPPING MOVEMENTS (Foundation, Techniques and Variations of styles ex: Popping, Boogaloo, Tutting, Animation, Snaking etc…)
- CHARACTER & CHARISMA (Eye contact and Interaction with environment)
- MUSICALITY (Pure Funk, Improvisation & Interaction with the music)
- STYLE & GRACE (Execution and Demonstration of body control through balance, strength and range of motion)
- ATTITUDE (No fear, Confidence, High energy, Good sportsmanship. Ability to experiment through improvisation and making any mistakes into something, Focus on the music…not moves or worries!)
- FLOOR WORK (Within the Popping vocabulary)
- STAGE PRESENCE (Entertainment quality/Performance/Audience connection)
- CREATIVITY (….Add your flavor, Be Extraordinary)
- ATTIRE (Within the Popping Style)
- There will be 16 open slots for this battle, a qualifying round will take place to determine the top 16 poppers if needed.
- Each battle will consist of two poppers who will battle one another facing each other in one (1) minute rounds for each popper.
- There will be no point system for the battles. (Focus should be on the music not your competition)
- The judges will judge on each criteria separately.
- The judges are looking for the person that encompasses all the above criteria and therefore looking for the COMPLETE POPPER.
- Competition is a learning tool. The results reflect hitting the judges’ criteria.
- The event is designed to help one improve and understand popping better. Unity through understanding. This competition is between you and your potential, not any opponents. Do not miss an opportunity to grow. Support the results; it is part of the attitude.
Any questions with the criteria email us at firstname.lastname@example.org